If some or all of the personal information we require is not collected, we may be unable to efficiently provide you with the services you require.
- We have incorporated the 13 Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in our policy and procedure and summarise these herein to ensure we meet these minimum standards: Open and transparent management of personal information (APP1) Our policy, procedure and practices are set up to ensure we manage personal information in an open and transparent way.
- We only collect information that is directly related to our business. We do not collect or use personal information for the purposes of unlawful discrimination or unsolicited/unwelcome advertising.
Anonymity and pseudonymity (APP2)
- This principle allows for an individual to interact with an organisation by not identifying themselves or to use a pseudonym. The nature of our business means that an exemption applies regarding this principle.
Collection of personal and sensitive information (APP3)
- We only collect personal information (e.g. addresses, phone numbers) that is necessary for our business practices. We only collect sensitive information (e.g. medical information) that is necessary to fulfil our business requirements and only with the individual’s consent.
Dealing with unsolicited personal information (APP4)
- If we receive unsolicited personal information, we will establish within a reasonable period whether or not we would have been able to collect the information under APP3 if we had asked for it. If we determine we could not have and it is not on Commonwealth or Public record we will lawfully and reasonably destroy the information or ensure the information is de-identified.
Notification of the collection of personal information (APP5)
- Personal information will be collected by Pharmhos for our use should we require access to your personal information in connection with our business.
- We only collect information by lawful and fair means. We only collect from the individual directly unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so.
Use or disclosure of personal information (APP6)
- We will only use or disclose personal information for the primary purpose of the core business operation. We will not use or disclose information for a secondary purpose without consent or unless an exemption applies.
Direct marketing (APP7)
- We will not use or disclose personal information we hold for direct marketing purposes unless an individual consents to its use. An individual has the right to receive direct marketing communications from Pharmhos.
Cross border disclosure (APP8)
- We may transfer personal information to a recipient overseas. If we do, we will take reasonable steps to ensure the recipient treats the information with regard to this principle.
- We may transfer information overseas without ensuring this APP is met only with your express prior consent.
Adoption, use or disclosure of government related identifiers (APP9)
- We will not adopt government issued ‘identifiers’ (e.g. tax file number, Medicare number) for our own identification purposes.
Quality of personal information (APP10)
- We will take reasonable steps to make sure the data we collect is accurate, up-to-date and complete. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we use is all of the above and relevant.
Security of personal information (APP11)
- We will take reasonable steps to protect personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- We will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify information if the business no longer needs the information for any authorised purpose unless required by law or is on Commonwealth or Public record.
Access to personal information (APP12)
- You are entitled to make a request to access your personal information. We will provide the information in the manner requested where practical in a reasonable time frame unless it is subject to an exemption as listed in the legislation and you are not a current or past employee.
- In some cases we may impose a moderate charge for providing the information but you will not be charged because you lodged a request for access.
- Access will generally be granted but if refused the reasons for refusal will be advised in writing. You will also be able to access our complaints process if you wish to complain about the refusal.
- If you wish to access your information under this principle please directly contact Pharmhos.
Correction of personal information (APP13)
- We will take reasonable steps to correct personal information to ensure that it is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading if you request correction and we are satisfied it needs correcting.
- If we do not agree the information is incorrect and we refuse to correct it as requested, you may ask us to place a statement you prepared with your information claiming the information is inaccurate.
- We will respond to a correction request within a reasonable period of time and you will not be charged for the correction or inclusion of your statement.
What Information We Hold and How We Collect It
- Your personal information is held in a variety of ways, most is held in secure computer and paper based storage and some may be held on portable devices such as mobile phones, laptops or in diaries held by our staff.
- We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- We only collect personal information (e.g. addresses, phone numbers) that is necessary for our business activities. We only collect sensitive information (e.g. medical information) that is necessary to fulfil our business requirements and with the individuals consent.
- We do not collect personal information just because we think it could be useful at some future stage if we have no present need for it. If you browse our web site, we do not collect information that identifies you personally, though we may collect information related to your visit to our website.
How Pharmhos uses your personal information Your personal information may be used to:
- Verify your identity when we are speaking with you;
- Assist you to subscribe to our services and products;
- Administer and manage our services, including charging and billing;
- Research and develop our services;
- Promote and market services and products to you. Where we do so, we will always seek permission beforehand along with providing you with an opportunity to let us know if you do not wish to receive marketing and promotions from us.